Most of the internet user browse the internet through mobile devices. So it is important to have good speed on your mobile version of the website.
If you have a responsive website you must have mobile versions of your website. Do you know how fast is your mobile website?
In this post, we will tell you why mobile speed is important. And we will share some tools to measure.
Why Testing Mobile speed is important?
Most of the speed test tools test your desktop version (by default). They test:
- Load the desktop version.
- Heavy pages load faster when you have a fast internet connection.
- Powerful hardware load website assets quickly. Which means JS, PHP or any server-side programming request called upon very fast.
Whereas you cannot rely on these results. So if you want an accurate test of your mobile version of the website you need to consider:
- Load the website using 3G or 4G.
- Browsing on a low-powered device.
Tools to Measure Mobile Website Speed
ThinkWithGoogle is a set of collection tools of Google. One of the tools is “Test My site“.
This tool has unique features for testing your mobile version of the website. It has features of selecting a specific location and specific speed (like 3G, 4G).
All you need to do is input your website address and then it displays result.
You can see there is a location and network type. From the dropdown, you can change network and location.
In this screenshot, you can see when I change the location and network type the loading speed is also changing. So Google is actually using its bot and its data centre according to the country.
At the bottom you can find speed optimizations recommendation as well you can generate a report and send it to your mail.
However, Google’s official recommendation for the loading speed of a website is under 3 seconds for both mobile and desktop users.
Tips To Speed Up Your Mobile Site
I think you got an idea on how to measure your mobile website and what is the minimum ideal loading time. Now it’s time for speed optimizing your mobile website. Here are some tips:
- Compress Images: One of the main reason for website slowing is images. So you need to optimize your image correctly. Furthermore, you can read this article: Why Image optimization is important for SEO.
- Include AMP: AMP is the best option for speed optimization of your mobile website.
Nowadays 95% of internet user browse the internet through mobile devices. So you understand how much important is your mobile speed.
If you are having a very bad speed on your mobile site. We are offering you a very good Speed optimization solution.